Providing a unique blend of cases, concepts, and essential readings The Social Movements Reader, Third Edition, delivers key classic and contemporary articles and book selections from around the world.
- Includes the latest research on contemporary movements in the US and abroad, including the Arab spring, Occupy, and the global justice movement
- Provides original texts, many of them classics in the field, which have been edited for the non-technical reader
- Combines the strengths of a reader and a textbook with selected readings and extensive editorial material
- Sidebars offer concise definitions of key terms, as well as biographies of famous activists and chronologies of several key movements
- Requires no prior knowledge about social movements or theories of social movements